1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Ey up!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by Stardust, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Well as the Leeds Forum and the Leeds Music forum have now merged there are loads of members from the music forum that I don't know, I thought it might be nice for everyone to post in here (existing members) so we can all say hi and get to know each other a little.

I'm Stardust (Jackie). Married mum to two boys and I live in Lower Wortley. I joined the Leeds forum a few years ago to find out events and things that were happening in Leeds. I've lived in Leeds all my life - well apart from one short spell where I lived in Wakefield but I was only 19 and drunk most of the time so I don't think it counts lol.

I work in Featherstone as a Financial Analyst so have to battle the M62 every day although I am currently on maternity leave after giving birth to my gorgeous niece Phoebe (I was a surrogate for my sister who is unable to have children). I am back in the office on the 10th of August, just as I was starting to get used to this being at home all day!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Ey up Jackie. I'm Tom, also from Wortley born and bred! Migrated over here from the music forum, haven't had time get familiar with the forum yet but I thought I'd say hello to a fellow LS12er!

4. tome

tome Active Member

Another Tom here fresh from the LMF. I'm an old Harehills lad born and bred in Primrose Road down Beckett Street. See my old house in the newly minted avatar.

Much respect Jackie, being there like that for your sister.

5. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Benny. I'm from LMF as well. Lived here since 1999, but I moved back to the midlands for three years in 2002 which was probably the worst decision I've ever made in my life, moved back in 2005, I used to play music full time but then I wrecked my voice and ever since then I've generally just well...Drank.

6. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Nice to "meet" you all :)

7. davelms

davelms Member

Favourite Bands:
    Not Telling
    Dave Elms, from LMF.

Hello.

8. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I'm Stu, another Music Forum veteran. I live in Knaresborough now but I'm still Leeds at heart.

9. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I've never understood why they say 'Knaresborough' 'Knaaaaaaaarsbrough' when the automated voice is listing train stops..'knaaaaaaarsbrough', daft.

10. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

They have to speak slowly so the locals understand

11. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Hello, I'm Jane from LS15 (hence the user name)
    I've been on my hols for a week and came back to find I couldn't get into the forum! All sorted now though, obviously.