1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

doggy calling cards

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by harrygarner, Jan 26, 2016.

1. harrygarner

harrygarner Member

Totally fed up to bursting point with having to avoid dog poo left by idiot owners who are completely irresponsible and oblivious to the horrendous mess their animals make be it on pavememts or woodlands imbiciles all

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

As the owner of two dogs, this drives me up the wall. I don't want people to judge all dog owners by the actions of (what it hopefully) the minority, if you can't clean up after your dog you shouldn't have one.

4. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

One of the funniest things I've seen recently was a bloke out walking his dog, who had stopped to chat with a neighbour who was taking out his bins. I couldn't hear the conversation because I was on the other side of the road, but the dog-walker was getting quite animated. It struck me at that point that possibly the most effective way you could find of undermining any argument you were making would be to wave a small bag of dogshit about for emphasis.

5. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

That said, I do find it strange that people will go to the trouble of collecting their dog's eggs in a bag, tie a knot in it, and then just leave it on the pavement. You've done the unpleasant bit - just find a bin!

6. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I had a bit of a set-to with a woman who let her dog shit quite happily and then started to walk off. When I asked her if she was going to clear it up, besides telling me to mind my own business, she told me she couldn't as she had arthritis and couldn't bend down to pick it up. I told her if she couldn't look after her dog responsibly she should consider rehoming it. She told me to piss off.

7. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    I've noticed a trend for hanging little bags of dog shit in bushes or trees at the side of a road or canal. They are left to hang there like little faecal baubles. Not pleasant at all!

The first time I met the in laws, we were walking their dog on a cold morning when, upon bagging the dogs offering, my girlfriends mum cradled the bag in both hands. For the rest of the walk she quite happily explained that it was "cheaper than buying a pair of gloves to warm the hands".

8. Yeah this is an annoyance of mine. Near us there's a dog that does massive shites in the park. I get that sometime when they're off the lead and in a park they go without you knowing where it is from time to time, but anything and everything on the pavement should be cleaned up. Genuinely think there should be license for dog owners and breeders.

9. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    yeah it's annoying as.
    tell you what's worse though, horse mess. I work in Gildersome and it's everywhere. Why are middle class horse riding arseholes exempt from clearing up animal mess? and don't give me the whole "all it is is digested grass" because you wouldn't roll around in it would you?

10. sevenhills

sevenhills Active Member

I walk my dog numerous time per day, but I have rarely seen anyone not picking up their dogs poo. Us dog owners see the poo more than anyone else, because most just get in their cars. I do see it on the grass, close to where I live, I presume its people walking their dogs at night, unless you carry a good torch, you will never find it, on a long lead or off-lead.
    If you walk numerous dogs, it must be difficult to spot, especially if you get chatting.

11. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Ah well, that's fine then, just leave it there to BLIND A CHILD.

12. sevenhills

sevenhills Active Member

The dog wardens must know this too, and look for people walking numerous dogs.
    But I have never seen a dog warden, maybe PCSOs look out for owners not picking up?

13. doc

doc Active Member

unity day used to give lessons in bagging shite