1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Did you see me busking in town

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Technogee, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Derc

Derc New Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Technogee

Technogee New Member

4. Derc

Derc New Member

I think one had to live through the era to fully appreciate it, I found the Status Quo song (1981) boring and tuneless.
    My replica 1938 car gets some snide comments, because it's not the real thing, so I know how you feel.
    Battle re-enactments have the same effect on me, just void of passion and commitment, which of course, is understandable.
    I suppose it could be called light entertainment, and therefore should not annoy anyone. Keep calm and carry on. :icon_wink:

5. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Just to refresh this thread - I did see you busking today, rounding the corner of Wellington St to cross to City Sq I heard that familiar drone.

Managed to decipher U2's "Where the streets have no name" - I'm afraid you appeared to be murdering it.

6. Donjon

Donjon New Member

It's good fun busking, though it's getting a tad cold now I have to say!

7. Derc

Derc New Member

It must be awkward busking with a trumpet this weather, what with cold fingers and sore lips, must be even worse after eating a curry.

8. crossgates_helen

crossgates_helen New Member

One downside to skipping pages on threads ... where did the trumpet come in? :icon_lol:

9. Derc

Derc New Member

10. crossgates_helen

crossgates_helen New Member

Ah, I see! That explains the trumpet reference! :icon_wink:

Does he do requests?

11. Derc

Derc New Member

Over to you Donjon. I don't know if Technogee will mind you using his pitch.