1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Cultural and historical vandalism

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fastfreddy, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

I don't like ISIS no matter what their reason for being in this world is, or what might have provoked their rise in the first place. The stuff they do is simply awful...

....however, it doesn't mean that people can simply go off topic and start using outdated and racist terms on the forum, and 'frog' is one of those.

I'm sorry lads, but you shouldn't have posted it on here and the moderators should take steps.

I loved LMF and I like the new forum, but let's nip this in the bud now.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. AgentW

AgentW Member

Freddy's in the corner, waiting for the paint to dry before he can walk out. I suspect he's peeping already. We all know how the "block" function works, right? And (*gasp*) it's not just all about Freddy. Imagine that, eh?

I don't know much about science and research, but my limited understanding suggests that one way to **** an experiment up is to tell the subjects what you're up to and giving them a steer as to which answers to avoid. I've probably fucked the whole thing up already anyway, but I'll be honest about what I've written down and tick them off as they come up. You and most ex-LMFers could probably guess a few of them. What I think about stuff isn't exactly a secret. I've posted it on the internet. A lot.

Mr Gary C likes this.
  4. Mr Gary C

I just think it's ironic that the person who moans about threads going off topic, steered this one away from ISIS and started going on about the 'frogs'

I don't want to fall out with Freddy or JBR and I wouldn't have stepped in on this thread, as I know very little about what ISIS are destroying over in the middle east, but using a racist term, such as 'frog' is just silly really in this day and age.

We can't be blamed for steering this one off topic.

I don't want to be blocked by Freddy or JBR, as it doesn't really serve a purpose...and I do enjoy the banter on the forums, but they should hold their hands up and say they overstepped the mark.

I'm no 'wet liberal' or 'do gooder green' I just want this forum to be free from racial, cultural, sexist, etc etc name-calling.

Like I said before...it's not the 1970s

MarcPollitt84 and Cowl2 like this.
  5. jar ed

jar ed Member

Blocking people off does not help a forum's hopes of survival. I find it childish saying in as much "I'm not speaking to you any more because you don't agree with what I say"

MarcPollitt84 likes this.
  6. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary. But jbr was referencing another thread in a humerous way. No offence was intended and non taken. Frog is clearly not racist. Possibly stereotyping but definitely not racist. Join in the thread talk about ISIS please don't be childish.

JBR* likes this.
  7. Fastfreddy

By the way it's my thread so I think I can take it where I want to. It's still very much on topic. You however clearly are not whatever your motives. You were deliberately controversial with the piracy jibe accept it and move on.

8. Fastfreddy

Marc if you can't see the point to the thread that's fine. It's clear enough. At the moment I am enjoying a conversation with jbr. You need to start your own threads that perhaps resonate more positively for you. You might have more interesting things to say. On the subject of ignores its marvellous function. Much better than arguing with people who want to troll. Jared wad an ignorant abusive bully so I don't want to see anything he posts.Gary thinks he is a right on comedian but he isn't. However will reserve judgement for the time being.

9. Mr Gary C

Freddy, that's absolute rubbish.

It's not 'your' thread. If you post on a forum, the members take it the way it goes. I think what you are looking for is a private conversation with JBR...so do it off-line or via private messaging.

Yes, i do like to add a bit of fun to the forum and my pirate reference on another thread wasn't to set you up. As stated, my reference was from Little Britain and it was to highlight that you asked for a discussion on books, but when you got it, you said it wasn't what you were after. I know nothing about on-line books, kindles, piracy, etc....it's you who should be letting it go.

If you post on a forum, it's in the public domain and we can all see it. Yes, i took offence at the term 'frog' and call it what you like, I see it as racist. There's not just you on here and I (like others) don't want the forum to get a reputation as being racist. Once we start letting words such as 'frog' go by unnoticed, where will it end? Would you use words such as puff, queer, yid, kike, paki, coon...etc etc? If so, then i would say a public forum such as this is not for you.

10. tome

tome Active Member

Judge Fredd
    [​IMG]

11. Fastfreddy

You are going way over the top. I really don't know why. The perceived and alleged offence is outrageous. As I said if your small minded alleged faux offence from jbr using the term frog is genuine then your outlook on life must be very very sad indeed. You will no doubt see offence and racism around every corner and in every conversation. Quite sad really.

Actually it is my thread I started it. You may try to take it where you want but don't be offended when I tell you quite clearly thats not what I wanted and why.

Please start your own threads on whatever subject you want instead of once again trying to hijack another thread for your own very childish agenda.

The judge freddy post I guess is fairly humorous but uncalled for. It's a serious thread if you have nothing to contribute about ISIS, cultural destruction in the middle east, and directly connected things please don't bother. It's very simple. If you aren't interest and can't be focussed to contribute just don't bother.

If you think there is an issue the correct way is to report the thread and or myself to the mod Mr TD who is able to see the sense of these things and the agenda that sits behind it. Please report the offence.

Jbr if you are reading this please carry on posting don't be put off by this attempt to deflect what is a very interesting thread.

JBR* likes this.
  12. Fastfreddy

You are going way over the top. I really don't know why. The perceived and alleged offence is outrageous. As I said if your small minded alleged faux offence from jbr using the term frog is genuine the your outlook on life must be very very sad indeed. You wi no doubt see offence and racism around every corner and in every conversation. Quite sad really.

Actually it is my thread I started it. You may try to take it where you want but don't be offended when I tell you quite forefathers not what I want and why.

Please start your own threads on whatever subject you want instead of once again trying to hijack another thread for your own very childish agenda.

The judge freddy post I guess is fairly humorous but uncalled for. It's a serious thread if you have nothing to contribute about ISIS, cultural destruction in the middle east, and directly connected things please don't bother. It's very simple. If you aren't interest and can't be focussed to contribute just don't bother.

If you think there is an issue the correct way is to report the thread and or myself to the mod Mr TD who is able to see the sense of these things and the agenda that sits behind.

Jbr if you are reading this please carry on posting don't be put off by this attempt to deflect what is a very interesting thread.

13. Mr Gary C

I'm happy to let the thread continue in it's original intention. I wanted to point out that the term you used was offensive. As, you were, put it back on track.

I have already reported you to the moderators, so let's see what action they take.

14. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    It's just a joke, like on Top Gear.

MatthewRedStars likes this.
  15. Fastfreddy

Is this what the former members of the music forum do just try to spoil threads. Seems such a shame.

Gary that's where you should have taken your faux issue right from the start. The moderators will hopefully realise what your motivation actually is or at least allow me to explain that which you are unable to see.

If the mods do agree that Jbr and myself were racist in the context of the discussion and the other referenced thread I will then leave the forum and that is what I think you want. I really do not Wang to waste my time

16. Mr Gary C

No, that is not what I want.

I just want all forum members to understand that this is an open forum and that we shouldn't be using derogatory terms based on race, nationality, gender, etc.

I do not want to hijack your threads and you'll notice that after my intervention on the book thread, which you didn't get my jokey reference, I put it on track and talked about my favourite books. I have left most of your threads well alone if I don't have anything to say and not attempted humour, because I know you easily take offence.

I read this forum, saw the word 'frog' which was clearly stated in a derogatory manner and I raised my objections.

You are free to carry on the thread about ISIS.

My complaint is not a faux issue (French word...ironic). I genuinely don't want our forum being spoilt by offensive terms being used. That is all.

17. Mr Gary C

If you do read my comments on the forum, you can usually tell when I'm being jokey and when I'm not. This time I'm not.

18. Fastfreddy

Actually as I said there was no racist term or racism implied that is the issue you are seeing something that isn't there. You are the problem and others like you that Pretend offence to stir issues. You in my opinion are a troll.. you have spoiled a thread that you had no interest in for your own idea of fun. You are quite frankly an idiot.

19. Mr Gary C

I haven't found any of this fun.

20. Mr Gary C

Look up the word 'frog' in the dictionary. After the obvious term for the amphibious creature, it will state along lines of 'derogatory term for the French'

The clue is there...derogatory. Don't use it on the forum. I wouldn't dream of picking out any of your personal characteristics or background and start using them in a derogatory way.

21. Mr Gary C

I noticed on another thread that you support Jeremy Corbyn. Ask him if he would find the term 'frog' offensive. I would guarantee you that he would. Now if someone you support and vote for wouldn't use it....why should you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.