1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Christmas Recipes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Staypuff, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Everyone has their own Christmas traditions, and I've found that cooking Christmas dinner for other people is a minefield! Everyone has their own idea of what should be in a Christmas dinner. My ex, for example, used to insist on having raspberry jelly with Christmas Pudding. With my parents it was ALWAYS a fry-up on boxing day. Over the years I've accumulated, and continue to accumulate, things which I have to cook. Last night I was up until 11 making brown sauce, I spent the weekend doing chutney and pickles. For Christmas dinner I'm doing rib of beef and stuffed loin of pork but the list of vegetables is endless, then on boxing day it's a Chinese-style salad with pancakes and leftovers.

Anybody have any other decent christmas recipes?

ajax likes this.
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

[​IMG]

ajax likes this.
  4. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

5. tome

tome Active Member

Smashed turkey gizzards and tater chips.

ajax likes this.
  6. ajax

ajax New Member

Fun trivia factoid tumble weed is responsible for the spreading of radiation from nuclear test sites around the surrounding area.

Anyhooo this Christmas I will be cooking for six (12 if you include big Vinny).

Roast beef with Yorkshires, roast tatties and all the usual suspects veg-wise.
    For afters a fine selection from Mrs Ajax's baking oven IE cakes, tarts, and mince slices.

I will then partake of one of Scotia's finest single malts until the only word I can say is "wibble".

Almost forgot a nice shoulder of lamb for Boxing day.:)

7. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Bosh! I'm having a double christmas this year: Christmas day at the in-laws, traditional dinner, then I pick my lad up at 4pm and the clock re-sets, it's HIS Christmas day (with me) on boxing day

Croggy likes this.
  8. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    Spent Christmas at my girlfriends parents house just near Bath. Her Dad barbecued the turkey, over charcoal, not gas. it tasted (not surprisingly) quite smoky and there was definitely a little added taste missing from the gravy as none of the lovely meat juices went into it!
    weird.