1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

car breakdown cover sUggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by doc, Dec 3, 2015.

1. doc

doc Active Member

currenty with rac through jct000 who car was bought from , renewed in a rush 2 yr ago

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. tome

tome Active Member

We seem to change every year now as rates vary and none of them reward loyalty at renewal time.

We are currently with Green Flag as we found them cheapest recently. We have used them before and the service is OK. Green Flag gave us a discount before for not claiming but then they hiked the price and we started shopping round.

4. GregB

GregB Active Member

5. doc

doc Active Member

cheers rac in merrion looked to be cheaper than prev renewal which poss included things i didn't need

like the recovery drivers mob. being offshore and charging for calls

6. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

A guy from the RAC called to the door yesterday, I'm with the AA and he promised they would beat any renewal price. I also received a letter from Green Flag this week. they were offering equivalent cover for 50% less, providing the car is 10 years old or less.

7. doc

doc Active Member

vw now seem to use aa though my cover with rac got auto renewed
    looking at comparison site i had a good policy if i'd driven abroad

green flag beats it without europe on comparison site but seems to be better on their own site

8. D-from-London

D-from-London Member

You'll never really know how good any of them are until you breakdown but I bought the most basic package here before setting off from London to Leeds

http://www.startrescue.co.uk/