1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Can you recommend a Ceilidh Band (and caller)

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Creative Calverley, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Creative Calverley

Creative Calverley New Member

Leeds based (if poss) Ceilidh Band needed for fundraising event in November. Can you help recommend reasonably priced (and good band for a fun night). Thank You.

Raising money for a mobile chemotherapy unit in Yorkshire

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

The PTA organised a really good Ceilidh last term. I'll see if I can find out the details of who they used.

4. Creative Calverley

Much obliged (THANK YOU)

5. yorkiepud

yorkiepud New Member

6. Creative Calverley

Thank you kindly

7. greycatz

greycatz New Member

Hi we're the Greycatz, a Leeds based Ceilidh Band, and would be willing to do a Ceilidh for you for such a cause for free, providing it doesn't clash with any of our regular gigs.

Here's a taster of a few songs from our Album and some pictures:
    myspace.com/greycatz

If you're interested, get in touch.

8. Creative Calverley

THANK YOU for your kind offer. Would love to have your band (and caller) on the 26 November 2011 from 7.30pm at Calverley Conservative Club

Need to emphasise Creative Calverley is non political!! We are using a good venue space in Calverley.

We are raising money for Hope for Tomorrow (which is a national charity) and in particular a Yorkshire based mobile chemotherapy unit.

Even if you are unable to come...many thanks for your very kind offer. It has made my day that someone has been so generous and thoughtful.

9. greycatz

greycatz New Member

We are all free on 26th of Nov, so we are happy to play, including our caller (he likes to be called 'the dancemaster')!
    I presume it is open to the public, so if you would send us a poster, we will pass it around to our mailing list. If you don't have a poster, I can send you one that you can adapt for this gig.

Richard Greycat

10. Creative Calverley

Perfect.
    Thank you for your kindness.
    Will send a poster across.

11. greycatz

greycatz New Member

Apparently I need to get five posts before you can message me! number 3

12. greycatz

greycatz New Member

Apparently I need to get five posts before you can message me! number 4

13. greycatz

greycatz New Member

Apparently I need to get five posts before you can message me! number 5

14. Creative Calverley

Maybe you could advertise your band and forthcoming events.

15. greycatz

greycatz New Member

I don't know if it's allowed on this forum - I just came across your post by accident. I'm a professional guitar teacher and guitar maker, the band is something of a hobby really. I'm happy to do dances if it's a good cause, so we'll see. We've been playing a together for 23 years, and working with this caller for about 10 years, so we do a few a year. Normally we just do it for expences, but this is a good cause, rather than for profit, so we'll do it for free.
    You should be able to send across the poster now.

The font we use for our name is called 'sexysara' cos we're a bit gothic in our dress sense, and would like our name on the poster of couse, in big letters. (my spell checker seems to have stopped working - sorry)

16. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Advertising your band in the classifieds or entertainment sections is fine.....bumping your post count up the way you did to get 5 posts is however is not:nono::nono:

17. Creative Calverley

Sorry...but done with the best of intentions though.

18. orchard23

orchard23 New Member

They can count me as number 3 count. I think it's really generous of them to offer their services for free for such a good cause. I stumbled on this by accident. Hopefully at least another 2 people will too before Nov. Good luck for the event.

19. Creative Calverley

Thank you...
    Not only has Greycatz been generous, but so have you too...using creativity to make a difference.