1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Brand Ambassadors in Leeds.

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by FieldStar, Nov 2, 2010.

1. FieldStar

FieldStar New Member

Hi,

If you have indeed seen the latest T-mobile advert, where the weary travelers are welcomed on arrival at Heathrow airport by a bunch of cheery strangers, then I'd like to ask you a question.

The T-Mobile advert relies heavily on the skills of field staff to communicate its message effectively, but could you see yourself acting as an ambassador representing a major brand in Leeds?

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. KooK

KooK New Member

Re: Has anyone seen the T-mobile advert?

By representing do you mean bothering people at home/while they are on the street and trying to get them to switch to T-mobile?

4. FieldStar

FieldStar New Member

No, as a respresentative I'm not talking about people door knocking or chasing people down the street with a clipboard, more acting as a positive brand ambassador in creative campaigns, like the T-Mobile ad. Their presence provided great photo opportunities and their professionalism has ensured superb online coverage.

5. KooK

KooK New Member

I still don't get it. What is a positive brand ambassador? Am I one for Oreos?

6. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Working for T-Mobile trying to get people to change mobile providers.

7. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Jargon decoded = They don't get payed.

8. FieldStar

FieldStar New Member

Probably should have explained things a little better - but the type of Brand Ambassador I'm talking about does get paid (average rates are £8 - £10 per hour). It's a broad term that is used to describe people who help brands promote or market their services face-to-face, usually in public spaces and not door to door.

It usually doesn't involve active selling or asking for money, more helping to promote / raise awareness of a product or service. There are lots of different types of activity that Brand Ambassadors do which involve various levels of interacting with the public. They range from handing out leaflets or free samples, helping to demonstrate a product or service, staffing a promotional event or roadshow (such as the types you often see within big indoor shopping centres) or taking part in PR Stunts or theatrical activities like the T-Mobile example.

It's a bit of a hidden industry in the UK but just wondered if it's the kind of thing people on here might be interested in?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010