1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Bar Manager/Supervisor and Bar Staff, Beeston

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by Carabansity, May 15, 2013.

1. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

Mrs Carabansity is looking for experienced bar staff to work in a thriving Social Club in Beeston. If you know anyone who has read the adverts below and meets the criteria get them to email me at carabansity@live.com

Bar Staff
    As a member of the Front of House team you will be expected to:
    • Serve and engage with customers to make them feel welcome and provide a high level of customer service
    • Learn to work quickly and efficiently in a busy environment
    • Be positive, friendly, helpful and professional even when working under pressure
    • Be available to work evenings and weekends
    • Take pride in the bar and its reputation and strive to maintain our high standards
    The ideal candidate will be smart in appearance, well presented and importantly have the ability to communicate effectively with our customers.
    Experience required:
    • Previous Bar experience would be advantageous
    • Excellent Communication Skills
    • Great Team Working Ability
    If you have experience and attributes you feel can bring something special, send your CV and personal covering letter including a recent photo explaining why you would be an asset to our team.
    In Line With The Requirements Of The Asylum And Immigration Act 1996, All Applicants Must Be Eligible To Live And Work In The UK. You Will Be Asked To Provide Documented Evidence Of Eligibility.

Bar Manager and Bar Supervisor
    We are looking for two enthusiastic and committed individuals to work in a thriving Social Club in South Leeds. You will be involved in all management areas including front and back of house.
    * must have a valid Personal License
    * have bar experience
    * flexible availability
    * have the skills to be able to develop and motivate the team
    * have a valid passport and working visa
    * have strong communication skills
    * have strong written and spoken English skill
    Duties include but are not limited to:
    Opening and closing of venue
    Banking
    Rotas
    Staff recruitment
    Staff training
    Social Media
    Event organizing
    Deliveries
    Orders
    Stock control
    If you have experience and attributes you feel can bring something special, send your CV and personal covering letter including a recent photo explaining why you would be an asset to our team.
    Applicants Must Be Eligible To Live And Work In The UK. You Will Be Asked To Provide Documented Evidence Of Eligibility.

***I will repost when these positions are filled***

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

I should have said these adverts are on Gumtree as well. The quality of applications has been variable to say the least. Half don't appear to have read the advert at all. I despair of our youth, they have no idea how to apply for a job :-(

4. wobbley

wobbley Member

Not the Klondyke is it?

5. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

Nope, not heard of that club before.

In Victorian times the area was known as Rope Hill.
    In a previous life this club was very Liberal.
    On match days it hosts the Leeds United Supporters Club.

6. wobbley

wobbley Member

Only a small place then..... :icon_lol:

7. thistle

thistle Registered User

This Bonnie Scot shall look after yer Social Club Cara laddie :)

But ye hiv tae ken that am only used tae being on the drinking side

eh the bar awe ma days :nod: :D

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Hope your wife manages to find some good staff for the place.

9. Gordon Glazebrook

Gordon Glazebrook New Member

If they meet the qualifications listed they won't be good - they'll be brilliant and with a degree of some sort!!

10. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

Passed that club last week, it is painted black and looks like a dump, I have heard it is destined to be a Polish club next.

When I joined many years ago it was a nice Social club.

11. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

Is it located in Middleton ?.
    Good luck with your staff search, (Not easy)

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  12. thistle

thistle Registered User

Should be able to find some folks suitable , though it is a busy job and have

put ut up with the odd drunk.. although this may well be a club which doesnt allow drunks

to spoil it for the many not so

Whatever it seems like a nice well written ad

and someone with experience should come your way soon

a Cannae Scot possibly Cara :nod: :)

Quick Edit - Seriously i hope you find suitable candidates soon as seems a cool job ..

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  13. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

It might suit Jack and Vera Duckworth. (Sorry)

14. Derc

Derc New Member

The advert is good standard format for those particular vacancies, and could be answered by off the shelf answers by experienced persons, who are down on their uppers. Similar jobs are available in Dubai.

15. wobbley

wobbley Member

WHAT ! You need a licence to have a personality now? Must be a Europe thing.

16. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

Not prying so i don't need an answer but i guess it is Beeston Libs on Beeston Hill. Rope Hill was in Middleton as far as I know not Beeston.

17. Lizzy

Lizzy Member

Is this still available? One of our tenants is looking for bar work within South Leeds. Please let me know and then Ill pass on the details.

Lizzy :) xx

18. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

19. jackdaly

jackdaly Member