1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Areas to move too

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by cassia, Jul 22, 2013.

1. cassia

cassia New Member

I am moving home from Sheffield to Leeds and i just wanted to know if anybody knew any good areas close to the city centre Thanks

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Hi Cassia, welcome to LeedsForum.

Will you be working in central Leeds? How far are you prepared to travel?

4. cassia

cassia New Member

It doesn't have to be exactly central i will be moving with my 3 children so also needs some good schools. I just didn't want to be more than maybe 10 mins a life.way. iv visted leed's loads of times and love the city life, im viewing a house in the area L14 saturday.

5. cassia

cassia New Member

And thank you im no good with this computer stuff lol

6. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

Morley is quite nice and close to Leeds

7. Gordon Glazebrook

Gordon Glazebrook New Member

Or the top end of Beeston near the Primary School and bus terminus. No 2 takes you straight to the city centre.

8. andyb167

andyb167 New Member

I'm new to leeds as well, recently moved near headingly and it seems quite nice

9. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

Headingley had one of the highest crime rates of all the uk a few years back, not sure what its like now.

10. cassia

cassia New Member

i was wondering what the area Woodlesford is like?

11. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

Seems very nice.

12. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

depends on budget really...most area's within 10mins of the city center are dumps.

13. emm1

emm1 New Member

We're in a similar boat to you but looking to move from Leeds to Sheffield due to work! We currently live near Ossett in a place called Earlsheaton that is really up and coming, with money being invested in improving the area - so they're worth a look and you get more house for your money, plus it's only 20 minutes into the city centre (by car).

I'd also recommend Horsforth, Roundhay, and Horbury (near Ossett).

I have work colleague that lives in Woodlesford and really likes it although I think like anywhere there are good and bad areas! I also think you end up paying a lot more for houses there when they're in the best parts! It's also near Oulton Hall which is nice.

14. LS resident

LS resident Member

That's because it was full of students who constantly left their doors and windows open with all their posh gadgets on display!!!

As with anywhere, if you're in a decent part and careful, you should be ok.

15. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

I used to work around there repairing and replacing windows 20 years ago.