1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Are you suffering from hayfever this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Draggletail, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Draggletail

Draggletail Member

It seems to me that more people are suffering from hayfever this year than usual.
    Mrs Draggle is suffering and she hasn't had it for a few years now, a friend of mine has it for the first time, and it seems like everywhere I go I hear sneezing!

(Fortunately, it hasn't got me - I did used to take Beconase for it, but haven't had it for several years) - I found the Beconase very effective though.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Its not something I've ever suffered, but my oldest brother did dreadfully, he couldn't barely open his eyes in the summer as a child. He's grown out of it a fair bit now though

4. Draggletail

Draggletail Member

Sounds nasty, Beconase wouldn't sort that out, it only goes up your hooter!

5. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

It was horrible to see, just glad he's grown out of it a bit

6. medusa

medusa Gorgon

Just the smell of Beconase makes me start to feel like I'm about to hurl. I spent years trying to use assorted nasal sprays and in the end decided that I'd rather have the symptoms- using them makes me heave, I think it's to do with it all dripping down the back of your throat.

My symptoms aren't that bad and appear to be tree pollen related as I get them earlier in the season than most people (mine start in April, whereas most people don't start until around the end of May, which is the plant and grass pollen time) so I take an antihistamine pill and use the normal eye drops to lubricate my eyes that I use the rest of the year anyway (I have chronic dry eyes and mouth as a result of some medication) and things usually aren't too bad.

I also have to make sure that I'm careful and take my asthma inhalers properly as my asthma is much worse when I've got hayfever symptoms.

With a bit of luck mine is starting to fade now and will be gone soon.