1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Anti Puppy Farming Protest Leeds May 23rd 12 Noon

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Fattysplash, May 22, 2010.

1. Fattysplash

Fattysplash New Member

Hi everyone. I'd like to invite you to join us in a protest we're having tomorrow. We are all dog lovers who are campaigning to bring an end to the vile trade that is Puppy Farming. Each month we hold a protest outside Dogs4Us in Bramley. We protest here because of the links that this shop have to puppy farming. We are peaceful protesters, everyone is welcome, including children and well behaved dogs (may be a little warm tomorrow though, for dogs).

Dogs4Us, Waterloo Way, LEEDS, LS13 2EF from 12 Noon

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

nice to see you again fs i cant get there but post some pics eh love and all the best with the protest

4. Fattysplash

Fattysplash New Member

Hi Wiseguy. The only reason I spent twenty minutes trying to log in was 'cause I saw you'd persevered with all the bloody changes! Nice to be back.

5. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

ok love lol see how long it lasts this time eh i see on face book chris has opened a new one
    so i said he should consider telling his members and staff when hes closing his previous ones
    i came back because i had friends on here but they will be havin the same prob as we have and half i no wont bother

6. Fattysplash

Fattysplash New Member

I gave up with the last one and nearly didn't bother with this. See how it goes, eh? Roy James is 'missing' isn't he? People just get peed off, especially when no-one considers notifying the members. DOH!

7. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

yep and drunkendwarf lol i like his ramblings

8. medusa

medusa Gorgon

Can I suggest that you post this on Sheffield Forum's pets group too Fattysplash? There's always a number of people prepared to travel to protest against Dogs4us's method of business.

As for whether the forum is going to stay around, I'd say that with the experience of running long term forums (SF has been running for 8 years now and has over 90,000 registered users) then the answer is 'yes'. Forums take time to get established and that's really not a problem as far as we're concerned.

9. Fattysplash

Fattysplash New Member

I'll post next months protest on the Sheffield one Medusa, thanks for that. We already have Rottweiler Rescue who come up from that area. I hope the forum is a success, it's my experience of the original Leeds Forum, and the one after that, that make me slightly cynical. I'll keep posting anyway, and look forward to reading some interesting stuff.

10. mitb01

mitb01 New Member

Food for thought...Forums are only as good as the people who post on them....Leeds folk are a queer lot [Not Gay...although some are] and of course forums in many areas are now struggling to compete with Social Netwrking sites. Maybe thats why Chris attempted to create something akin to a social networking site.
    Guess the person who have now taken over have decided to dump that concept and opt for your basic Joe Bloggs Forum.
    Shame you can't upload videos or photos on here, that would have been a step in the right direction.

11. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

do you know i never noticed that mines a basic but yes we can do photo,s vids and mp3,s i hope they sort it
    but like theyve said rome wasnt built in a day
    the only thing chris did was not inform us just dumped us so to speak after all the time i spend moderating deleting sopam and the regulars trying to keep posting knowing they prob wouldnt even get a reply

12. maxholloway

maxholloway New Member

Puppy farming?!?!