1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Air Travel Celebrities - Top Trumps

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mr Gary C, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

I was once on a flight to Orlando and England goalkeeper Gordon Banks was on the same flight.

This year on a trip to Las Vegas, 'TV funny-man' Billy Pearce was on both the outbound and return flights.

Can anyone top that?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I once flew to Mexico on the same flight as The Cure

4. Mr Gary C

Straight to the top of the leader board!

5. Mr Gary C

My friend was once on a flight from Heathrow to Manchester and was sat next to Morrissey. She was too afraid to speak to him.

6. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

My friends are cabin crew so they get quite a few. Apparently Keith from The Prodigy was absolutely lovely, as was George Michael.

7. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Ask them about the late Cilla Black.

8. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

They aren't fans ;)

Cowl2 likes this.
  9. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

I saw Richard Whitely at LBA once... he was a right grumpy sod.

10. GregB

GregB Active Member

Three of Take That on a plane to Vegas just after they'd announced their reunion. They were then stood just in front of us in the immigration queue but we nipped in to get a cab before them.

A mate of my was sat next to Kool from Kool & The Gang. Each of the band's carry on bag had the word Gang on them. Ace.

Not plane related but I saw the B52s in LA last week and they were staying in our hotel so I got my photo taken with Fred & Cindy. :)

Staypuff likes this.
  11. Mr Gary C

Potential winner...in my opinion.

12. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Apparently a bit of a sex pest, too. Wandering hands.

Someone on LMF once posted about being stood in a queue in TK Maxx next to Christa Ackroyd and she was a complete cow.

13. Mr Gary C

I once saw her in Flannels...she was bright orange.

14. Mr Gary C

She once let me into the BBC building one of the times I was on Introducing. She was polite, but again, bright orange.

15. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    I read that there was much rejoicing when she left Look North.

Also I believe there was once a letter in Viz from a reader claiming to have heard her do a massive guff in a supermarket carpark.

16. TheLostArt

TheLostArt Member

I once got on a plane in the states and I had to walk past Stevie Wonder in 1st class. I was really shocked and tried to keep my cool and not stare. By the time I sat down I realised he probably wouldn't have noticed if I was staring...

17. Mr Gary C

We have a new name on the leader board!

18. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I saw Paxman in the departure lounge Wetherspoons at East Midlands airport and was far too afraid to even speak to him.

19. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    not airport - but Stone Cold Steve Austin once helped a friend of mine with her luggage in a hotel lift

20. GregB

GregB Active Member

That's reminds that that I once saw Al Snow in the departures area at Manchester Airport. He was working with WWE at the time so there were probably a few other wrestlers with him but I didn't spot any I recognised.

21. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    I had a piss next to Peanut from the Kaiser Chiefs at LBA and the rest of em were in the cafe there waiting to board