1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

A Generation That Has Known Peace

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by philipmchugh, Mar 15, 2016.

1. philipmchugh

philipmchugh New Member

Can any one explain to me why the generation that didn't have to fight a major war and has seen unprecedented materialistic 'advance' are so obsesses with skulls, death and violence. Never the soft caress of a switch has even touched their precious hides and yet, their t-shirts call out the grim reaper, their music groups play the soundtrack of hell, you get the picture? Anyone enlighten me.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    smoke drugs, hail satan \m/_

Daimo likes this.
  4. tome

tome Active Member

"Perhaps one of the greatest tales of all, is that of the majestic axe bestowed by thy own Godly hands. As a child, I had never shown great interest in the pastimes of the other children of the womb. Nine years into this mortal world, I began to show a great liking for the beautiful shriekings brought forth by thy axe. Born into a poor family, funding for tutorial was a troublesome but worthy quest, as I worked greatly to refine my skill as thy fathers before thee. One fine day, I refused tutorial, preferring quest by thine own eyes, with mentors' assistance. Upon the increase of thy slaughtering skill of thy axe, I became known throughout the lands, seeking to conquer a new realm."

Therein lies the fantasy of mortal combat waged in puerile daydreams.

5. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

"The generation"? Which generation's that? What's a "major war"?

Both question and premise look flawed to me, tbh. Not really sure what you're getting at.

6. eggle

eggle Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fred The Oyster
    Seem to remember my parents many years ago telling me that I was listening to the devil's music - Sabbath, Zepp & Purple etc so nothings changed very much!!
    As above - what generation? It's all the same difference & bollox - if you enjoy ur style of music - no probz.

7. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    troll?

8. Daimo

Daimo Member

We say lord of the rings and enjoyed it

9. JohnnoLS8

JohnnoLS8 Member

I'm not.

10. TheLostArt

TheLostArt Member

I've just been reading some Lovecraft and it would suggest that we're not the first generation to be obsessed with death and the unknown.

JohnnoLS8 likes this.
  11. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I have a friend from Aleppo that may dispute your 'major war' theory Phillip. Unless you mean it has to have us in it and a Teutonic threat?

If the genius that wrote this is right then it's because rock music is 'in league with the devil' ...haha.

http://insiderockmusic.com/satanic.html

12. tome

tome Active Member

Cricket is also 'in league with the devil'.

You know that abbreviation LBW? It stands for Lucifer, Beelzebub and Wendigo demons all. That's why they won't allow Suzi Quatro to play for Yorkshire Cricket Club on account of that 'Devil Gate Drive' song.

13. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Those Wendigos shit me the **** up. Scary bastards.