1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

A few business & service related areas

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by MTI Leeds, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTI Leeds

MTI Leeds New Member

Hi all, id like to suggest a few things please:

1) section where people can ask for services they require - this will also attract new forum members who wish to put themselves forward.

2) section where people can recommend/review others from experience (like freeindex)

3) Possibly a section where people can offer a service in exchange for another service wih other members - obviously any agreements made between members will be completely independant from the LF

any thoughts? I may have more depending on replies and interest. I appreciate its a Leeds forum and not a pure business forum but many will join and contribute in return for something that may benefit them.

best regards, martin

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. nevben

nevben New Member

Does not the business directory meet the above needs?

4. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

5. MTI Leeds

MTI Leeds New Member

With regards to the last two replies, I dont believe the business listings fulfills this. Out of the 3 questions i asked, no.1 is met by the business listings but i do not see the other sections within that area.
    Please feel free to correct me if i have missed them.

I also posted my business listing a week ago which has still not been approved and so im wondering if the business section is live as such?

There does not seem to be any new posts in there at all.

6. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Number 2 can be answered simply, if members are looking for recomendations for a tradesman etc, they can and do post in either the Leeds thread or the general thread, that is the best way to handle this,

Number 3 if required could go in the classified section.

The business listings section is live but has only been so for a few weeks, so don't expect a "yellow pages" type listing for months, eventually it will grow as the forum grows.

7. nevben

nevben New Member

Hi Martin.
    Not really sure what you are looking for, The classified section allows one to put their services forward. If you are looking for someone to recommend someone for a specific service, then ask in the discussions section and you will get a response. Simularly if you are offering your services the above will suffice. In addition you can advertise at the top of pages for free, so I think the site already covers your needs, unless I am missing the point.Cheers Nev

8. halliclone

halliclone New Member

That's about it in a nutshell Nev, well put!

You are mod material if ever I saw it.:icon_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.