1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

£80 fine for swearing

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pk014b7161, Jun 1, 2011.

1. pk014b7161

pk014b7161 New Member

barnsley council are going to introduce fines for swearing 'one woman interviewed says its a good idea has she was shocked to hear some school children swearing so if the school children get found who do the authorities expect to pay the fine ,the parents that cant be fair

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

how will they know when people of different langauges are swearing lol

so it goes back to racism

4. pk014b7161

pk014b7161 New Member

just another scam er' scheme to make money everything in this country is resulting in a fine ,and if the dont enforce the fine with the kids that will mean kids can swear adults cant

5. Malky

Malky New Member

Kids know all about the age of criminal responsibility and even if they are over it they also know its going to be a slap on the wrist.

6. Tyke

Tyke New Member

Fine the parents if they dont want the responcability they shouldnt have had the kids.

7. nevben

nevben New Member

Interesting viewpoint, contextually good swearing seems to have become more of the norm these days, it seems to be more acceptable these days. Surely this fining idea is only to be used in extreme situations, otherwise it would be immpossible to enforce, with any degree of equity.
    The lady who was shocked to hear kids swearing, must lead a sheltered life as it is increasingly the case to hear kids swearing, I think it is seen some form of machoism amongst their peer group.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  8. grafter

grafter New Member

I am shocked if I dont hear kids swear

In a pub about ten years ago, I got in to swearing in mixed company because I felt uncomfortable that I wasn`t swearing.
    Mind you the language on t.v.is attrocious on some programmes

9. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

my sons are 25 and 22 and ive still never swore infront of them
    im from a scots family and whilst growing up it was common in our household

10. Malky

Malky New Member

Well done, there aren’t many of us left, my lads are 21 and 25 and I wouldn’t think of swearing in their presence, likewise my wife, or any other women for that matter.

I have worked in heavy industry all my life where swearing is common place, why would I want to take it home with me?

11. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

same here mate and good on you:nod:

12. boyfriday

boyfriday New Member

..but what would you have to say in order to be convicted of swearing in Barnsley, pk? :icon_rolleyes: