1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

£770 mess for dog owner who failed to pick up after his pooch

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nicola, Jun 15, 2011.

1. nicola

nicola New Member

A dog walker was reported to Leeds City Council for allowing his dog to foul in Calverley Park in Jan and Feb this year. He was in court on 8 June and fined nearly £800.00! I don't know about you but as a dog owner myself I always take plastic bags out with me when I take my dog for a walk. It's nice to hear that things are actually been done about dog fouling!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

4. Tyke

Tyke New Member

Good he deserves it.

5. Malky

Malky New Member

How does someone pleading guilty by post incur 600 quid costs ………….. is there something behind this story :suspect:

6. gavme

gavme New Member

Cat owners are the ones that they should clamp down on. They let their animals leave their deposits all over the place!

7. kev-access

kev-access New Member

I always pick up after my dog and it really does annoy me when I see other owners haven't picked up expecially when it's right next to a bin but ouch £800 is a heck of a fine!

8. whitedog

whitedog New Member

I've read about people being fined £75 for not picking up so I wonder if there's more to this one?

9. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

on that grime fighters they couldnt work out how there was a massive pile in bags behind a wall in a carpark so they set up cctv and caught the same man bagging his dogs poo and throwing it over the wall
    im sure he got fined over a £1000

silly sod he,d already done the bad bit,why not just take it home
    seemed he,d been doing it for mths

10. Mr Horsforth

Mr Horsforth New Member

We have poo trees in Horsforth Hall Park!

It amazes me that people bag it up then hang it from tree branches rather then carrying it home..

11. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

somthing like that was on aswell it amazes me aswell
    i hate picking it up but i do it lol
    if its too slopy i phone the wife to come in the car to do it :nod:
    weak stomache and all that these days

12. Tyke

Tyke New Member

We call them bats around here, I think people are trying to throw it into the undergrowth and it gets caught in the branchs:frown:

13. L33DS

L33DS Registered User

to be honest it depends where a dog goes.

on a playing field, sure its wrong.

but in a wood????

you see i find it far worse to walk around and see vile bags of dog poo slung all over.

while if a dog does poo, its gone in a few days. but in bags, its there for years.

its like the woods at rounday park. its only used by dog walkers. but its full of bags of poo and smells.

14. Tyke

Tyke New Member

It doesn’t depend on where the dog goes its where a child goes that counts as theyare the ones most likely to come into comtact with it. When my children were younger we wouldnt take them in the local park as it as it was covered with dog mess and at least 1 in 3 would come into contact with it, its 95% better now that most people bag it and take it home. Broken glass and empty beer cans are the problem nowadays the local park is the polish social club now.

15. The Cake Barn

The Cake Barn New Member

it serves him right im visuley impared
    & i still manage to find it i take tony (my hubby )
    with me i think ive onley ever lost dog poohs about
    3 times & have felt realy bad when i havent picked
    it up ive even asked somone if they can see it for me
    thats why i onley go out with tony becourse if i lose it
    he will find it for me i dont mind picking up after mine
    its what comes with haveing 4 dogs or even just one :icon_smile:

16. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

well said cake barn

17. grafter

grafter New Member

This pup of mine is like a poo making machine

Luckily with the bags I bought, came a gadget for picking it up its not a problem now she just gets on with it

18. whitedog

whitedog New Member

I don't pick up from deep wooded areas. On a path, or open space it's different but not in the deep undergrowth. Anyway, there'll be more fox poo there than anything else.

19. pk014b7161

pk014b7161 New Member

my bull terrier george once swallowed a full sized tea towel ! i had to pull it out what an expirence that was for the dog me & the bloke driving the grass cutter :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

20. Seamedsoles

Seamedsoles New Member

Yeah, at least most dog owners show responsibility to owning a pet. Cat owners are the worse, I watched one the other day in my yard. It dug a hole, dumped in it, then had the audacity to cover it up.

21. VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru New Member

There are plenty of organic bins in Spain, so people could just get used to the culture of clearing up after their bulls, horses, dogs etc. Here, there is no such thing to encourage people do the same.