1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Wonder if this book is unique?

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by inky, Apr 18, 2017.

1. inky

inky New Member

Some folks might be interested in a book I've recently come across? It's a poetry book written by 5 sisters who reminisce their childhoods, teenage years and special memories etc. in poetry form. Some are quite funny, some thought provoking and others a bit 'deep'? It certainly was thought provoking and took me back to my early days. I enjoyed the good read and drawings done by the sisters.
    The book is available in e.book and paperback from Amazon (only a couple of pounds in e.book form) - is called 'Say Kangaroo' (even the title is apt and explained) and the author, would you believe is Five Sisters.

Another good read I can recommend is 'The Belle Fields' by Lora Adams. I'm currently reading this for the 2nd time, I enjoyed it originally and it deserves another look! I found it very well written and covers the early life of a local lass who landed a job in a local 'big house' and the moving account of her ups and downs mixing with the privileged family. Plenty of twists and turns and very well written descriptions of life at the turn of the 19th century when Mayday and Christmases etc were celebrated in local villages. Quite moving story with an end I never expected. A sequel is promised - can't wait. Again available by Amazon in e.book and paperback versions. Think the e.book was only a couple of pounds.