Ched Evans rape case.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sevenhills, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Member

Nobody is ever found innocent: they are found not guilty, which is not the same.
    It is a bit of a puzzle why one is guilty and the other not. Probably just not proof beyond reasonable doubt.

2. closedaccount1

closedaccount1 New Member

As I understand it, the one found not guilty had been with the girl most of the night, took her back to his hotel room and had sex with her. The jury decided this was consensual sex (or at least there wasn't enough evidence to find him guilty beyond reasonable doubt).

The one who was found guilty, hadn't previously met the girl, was invited into the hotel room later when the girl was unconscious and had sex with her. The jury decided this was not consensual sex and found him guilty.

Personally I'd go with the decision of twelve people who heard all the evidence over hearsay and press reports.

3. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Member

That was what I had guessed at.

4. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

i would consider this trolling but based on your other posts i am not sure...

about the most fuked up logic a person can have..wp.

5. sevenhills

sevenhills Active Member

The original BBC news report gave very little information, and one person guilty the other not; without explaining the reasons.
    The secrecy surrounding rape trails maybe made the reporting worse. Its only from other reports that more information came out.