Leeds Forum
Join Now
Live or work in Leeds? We need your support! Please join (it's free) and post on the forums. Already joined? login here
Reply to Did you see me busking in town

Old 24-01-2012, 16:27   #81
Technogee

Total Posts: 192
Hi every one,
I have just wrote 4 songs last year, Recession blues, Does it matter, Leeds Life and E.L.O my favourite band. Here a u tube clip of "E.L.O my favourite band" - http://youtu.be/L2lPQSwlPZk recorded at Leeds city square this month. xx/;o)xxxxx>

Want to reply to this post? Join here
Old 27-01-2012, 17:59   #82
Technogee

Check out my latest song Leeds Life on u tube - http://youtu.be/fEbJbT4-sXo

Sponsored Links - Register and/or Login to hide this ad.
Old 28-01-2012, 11:31   #83
Derc

Total Posts: 2,481
Wow..... one son of a cool dude, and what an inspiration to a 14 year old
Liked your version of the Lonnie Orbison song. Keep 'rockin n'trollin' and say elo to Sheff,
when you go on tour.

Old 28-01-2012, 23:53   #84
Technogee

I'm glad you liked the video. However you seem to have a few odd misconceptions. My music appeal to everyone not just to teenagers. Lonnie Orbison? Never heard of such person did you meant Roy Orbison ? . It's keep Rock n rolling not trolling. And Finally who is Sheff ?

Old 29-01-2012, 08:35   #85
bewerley

Total Posts: 1,402
I think he meant you were combination of Roy Orbison and Lonnie Donegan. A great compliment.

Old 29-01-2012, 15:25   #86
Derc

Total Posts: 2,481
Thanks Bew for translating correctly. I've just been back to page 3 and apologise, the 14 y.old mentioned,
was a 9 y.old, who should really be studying, so as not to end up on the streets busking.
I don't think you mentioned what your previous career was, but I respect anybody who turns self employed.
If I dropped a cheque in to your collection box, could you issue a receipt for my accountant ?
The Sheff bit refers to my old mate Halliclone who likes you a lot and was asking when you were appearing in Sheffield.
Still not sure who's rockin and who's trollin.

Old 01-02-2012, 15:11   #87
leedsgirl123

Total Posts: 1
HI!

I really like your stuff! Do you buck often around leeds?
I've seen a family of buskers near Harvey Nichols, do you know them?

Old 09-02-2012, 12:43   #88
Technogee

I have seen this family of buskers. I don't know them personally. I'm glad you like musik. I am in the process of recording it. You can see some times busking at the weekend at city square by Mill Hill church near the Train station. Say Hello when you see me.

Old 26-04-2012, 15:19   #89
Technogee

Good news guys I have just released a single on itunes called "E.L.O my favourite band.Onlly 79p to down load. It's also available on amazon. Your support is appreciated.
I hoping to release a few more singles later watch this space.

Old 21-06-2012, 14:15   #90
Technogee

Here a recording by guitarjed playing Leeds Life - http://youtu.be/YogqpyyJ7Qc. I hope you like it
Gee

Old 22-06-2012, 07:48   #91
Mcyclone

Total Posts: 5
Just cheers and give the best from what you have as god known when it work for you and put you at top.

So best of luck with your list I am sure you really gonna rock all.

Old 22-06-2012, 16:50   #92
Allen
Heating Engineer

Total Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogee View Post
After job search and getting my application rejected so many times. I have decided to busk in town and play my favourite songs and some of my own tunes.
Here's my play list ;-
Come everybody - Eddie Cochran
Can't get enough- Dave Edmonds
California Blues - Roy Orbison
Calling America - E.L.O
Rockaria- E.L.O
She Sell Sanctary - Cult
Crazy little thing Called Love - Queen
Hold on tight - E.L.O
You got it - Roy Orbison
I love you - Gee
Every Breath you take - Police
Jonny B goode - Chuck Berry
Choo Choo Train- Gee
Sweet Dreams - Roy Orbison
This olde world - Gee
No one like you - Gee
Summer of 69 - Byran Edams
Handle with Care- Travelling Wilburies
I just called to say I love you - Stevie Wonder
Have you heard the news- Gee
Parisian Walkways -Gary Moore
You see me in town pop by (Next Abion St, Commercial Street by Yorkshire Bank or by the Knicker knocker shop Albion Way opposite River Island or Briggate opposite Alliance & Leicester Bank) by and say hello and give a few pounds to a unemployed musician or 20 if you are feeling generous
Weldone looks really good, nice time I am in town I will come and see you.

http://www.candlelighters.org.uk/

Old 28-06-2012, 11:25   #93
Technogee

Most of the times I busk outside Mill Hill church bottom of Park Lane across the railway station. Come and say hi to me and drop 20 if your feeling really good ;o)

Old 07-09-2012, 21:21   #94
Park Row Resident

Total Posts: 6
Hi Technogee.

Being a music lover myself, I respect your passion for rock and roll and under other circumstances would really enjoy your tunes.

However your weekly performance outside HSBC is ruining my family's life, and not because of your music but because of the loud drone (not insulting your playing, thats just what it sounds like once it reaches us) that your amp makes. What you do not realise is that although it may seem quiet from where you are, the sound bounces off the buildings and straight through our window much more amplified than at street level - meaning that every weekend my 2 year old cannot sleep to her normal routine, and my wife, who only works weekends, is also disrupted.

We appreciate we live on a busy street but the only noise that we here, that actually disrupts us, is your music which is higher than our TV (and at times our ear plugs which we have tried).

"At the moment no licence is required. Most busker in Leeds City centre respect each other and do not want create to much disturbance. I know most of the busker in Leeds and work with them to not create any dis chord."

This was one of your comments in the thread, however we have both been down on separate occasions to ask you to turn down the amp and you seem to not care - despite the fact we have told you we have a child.

Through the day you can be seen in City Square, what is to stop you from busking there at night? A small difference to you, would make a huge difference to us and the other residents of Park Row.

I hope you can take this on board without taking insult - as we said we can appreciate what you are doing and think that buskers should be able to play, just in the right locations.

Thank you for your time in reading this.