Leeds Forum
Join Now
Live or work in Leeds? We need your support! Please join (it's free) and post on the forums. Already joined? login here
Reply to Cost of Day Care Centres for Adults in Leeds

Old 11-04-2012, 16:21   #1
michael19wood

Total Posts: 3
Hi all

I'm a Broadcast Journalism student at Leeds University and i'm currently doing a story for radio on the rising cost for users of adult day care centres in Leeds. Has anyone on here used or know anyone who has used day care centres but now can't afford go to them anymore because of the rising cost? I'm looking to interview someone on the matter who is in this situation who can talk about what the centre did for them and why they can't attend anymore. This is for an assessed radio project i'm doing for my course and won't be broadcast if those involved don't want it to be.

Cheers

Michael Wood

Share this topic via:
Want to reply to this post? Join here
Old 15-04-2012, 08:44   #2
nevben

Total Posts: 704
Send a message via MSN to nevben Send a message via Yahoo to nevben
Perhaps it may be better to look at the causation of charges.
The 2004 Community Care act devolved budgets down to local authorities, at this point services were free to all, successive under funding has made it nessecary to charge users to help struggling budgets.
And Central Government are looking to do the same with the NHS which they will then underfund and by the fact budgets are devolved they absolve themselves from all responsibility for reduction in services