Leeds Forum
Join Now
Live or work in Leeds? We need your support! Please join (it's free) and post on the forums. Already joined? login here
Reply to Kindles or books

Old 14-02-2012, 07:48   #1
rea1

Total Posts: 15
My ex partner bought me a Kindle for christmas !and though they are compact,you can download a lot of books onto them-free ones as well. I still prefer to have a book in my hand. As anyone else got a kindle and which do you prefer-book or kindle ?.

Share this topic via:
Want to reply to this post? Join here
Old 15-02-2012, 09:46   #2
aej1

Total Posts: 970
I would love a Kindle. I thin they are great and look at all the paper they save. Lucky you
Ann

Sponsored Links - Register and/or Login to hide this ad.
Old 15-02-2012, 15:23   #3
rea1

Total Posts: 15
I'm getting used to it Ann,you can go into the kindle shop on line and down load upto an 100 free books.

Liz

Old 15-02-2012, 17:09   #4
aej1

Total Posts: 970
I really must get one. I have been looking at them on-line just now but notsure if I can justify the expense just now.
Ann

Old 04-03-2012, 09:12   #5
owencj

Total Posts: 1
I also got a Kindle for Christmas but I only really wanted it so that I could see what my book, ROUGH CUT, looked like on it. But then, after downloading and reading a couple of books on it, I have found that it is a perfectly OK way to read books so I'll probably mostly buy books on Kindle in future. I was surprised - I didn't expect to find it an acceptable experience!

Old 06-03-2012, 13:06   #6
cherrilman

Total Posts: 19
I have thought about getting one, My brother bought a Kobo ereader which has a touch screen, he thinks they are better and they have a huge online book store. these are selling in Argos for 75.

Old 07-03-2012, 19:16   #7
halliclone

Total Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrilman View Post
I have thought about getting one, My brother bought a Kobo ereader which has a touch screen, he thinks they are better and they have a huge online book store. these are selling in Argos for 75.
They are better. I have had a Kindle for a couple of years now and I bought my wife a Kobo for Christmas so that I could get my hands back on my Kindle! My wife is now trying to get my hands of her Kobo.

Old 06-04-2012, 13:36   #8
Alkan

Total Posts: 71
Love my Kindle but reference books are much easier to use in the old fashioned way.

Old 08-05-2012, 22:49   #9
SandraB

Total Posts: 4
I've had a Kindle for about a year now and I love it. I love books, in fact I love them too much because I'm out of space for them which is why I decided on the Kindle. I like that I can keep it in my bag so that I've always got something to read (I hate being without something to do for ten minutes so having that is great). I also like that I can sit in my living room, see a great book and have it available to read within one minute. One thing that puzzles me though is why some books are more expensive than hard copies when there is no paper, printing, distribution, etc involved. Now I only buy hard copies if it's cheaper than the Kindle version or it's a series I've already got hard copies for or if there are colour pics I want to see because images on Kindle are in black & white. Oh and I also like the Search function, that comes in very handy from time to time.

Old 04-06-2012, 13:36   #10
Xisgil

Total Posts: 62
I still love the hard bound books but Kindle is tempting to use too...

Old 07-06-2012, 14:35   #11
AncientGardener

Total Posts: 9
For novels I think a Kindle is as good if not better than paper - more compact, keeps track of where you are up to etc.
But the images/diagrams are pretty dire so not much good (yet) for books that need pics/tables, etc.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:59   #12
SandraB

If you have a Kindle you can download, for free, Kindle Reading Apps (go to your Amazon Kindle account) for your pc, ipad, etc etc and when reading on those you get the colour images instead of the black and white you see on your Kindle reader.

Old 16-06-2012, 10:54   #13
keith

I did a lot of searching around and ended up buying a Sony PRS ebook reader. Much much better than kindle and just works like a memory stick. You drag and drop from your computer. However, I still can't resist buying the odd book!