Leeds Forum
Join Now
Live or work in Leeds? We need your support! Please join (it's free) and post on the forums. Already joined? login here
Reply to What do you do to keep fit and healthy

Old 10-01-2012, 21:13   #41
TheBizzle

Total Posts: 37
Walking, cycling and martial arts (Wing Chun Kung Fu and occasionally Tomiki Aikido).
Also, used to dance: Modern Jive and Salsa.

Want to reply to this post? Join here
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40   #42
NiaY

Total Posts: 13
Nia (combination of dance, somatics and martial arts) Yoga, Somatics, walking, mountain-biking & gardening

Sponsored Links - Register and/or Login to hide this ad.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40   #43
NorthLeedsFitness

Total Posts: 13
Bodyweight is different from body fat. The BMI is a quick calculation which is used on a mass scale to predict peoples risk of weight related diseases. Unfortunatley, people obsess too much about their weight and as a result go onto extreme dieting which can often lead to weight loss from lean healthy muscle tissue.

I always advise my clients to use there clothing as an indication, I train a few post menopausal ladies with hypothyroidism and they havent lost any weight (due to hormones etc) but they have lost dress sizes and inches from their waist.

Getting back to the BMI, its an easy tool to use but you have to use common sense. If your classed as obese and dont exercise and eat takeaways its going to be accurate.

The best way to get fit is to do something that challenges your body that you enjoy!

Old 19-02-2012, 12:25   #44
rea1

Total Posts: 15
I took up Belly Dancing classes-last year.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:30   #45
johnbollinger

Total Posts: 12
I modify my health and fitness schedule like my footwear. I run, go enjoying water sports, go to the gym and even go to English Army Health in Roundhay Shop and Existing area area Shop in Horsforth.

Old 06-04-2012, 13:29   #46
Derc

Total Posts: 2,481
Having lived an active life, job, recreation, hobbies, sex, don't do much drinking, eating or now exercising exept for gardening.
I just can't put weight on. I could do with at least a couple of stone adding, just to fill my wrinkles, any tips ? Yes I'm aged.

Stone = 14 pounds (av weight) x 0.453 = 6.342 x 2 = 12.6 kg (I think)

Old 10-04-2012, 04:39   #47
johnbollinger

Total Posts: 12
Some individuals go going for walks / operating, some individuals go to the gym, some individuals go to English Army Health.